Wild Little Girl
Signed CD Download
Also available on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon etc. Written and produced by Debra Devi (La Que Sabe Music/ASCAP)
1) Butterfly Guitars, lead and background vocals– Debra Devi Bass, background vocals – Max Feinstein Drums, tambourine – John Hummel Keys – Rob Clores
2) Shake It Guitars, lead and background vocals– Debra Devi Bass – Max Feinstein Background Vocals - Max Feinstein, Anthony Krizan, John Roccesano Drums, tambourine – John Hummel Keys – Rob Clores
3) Tired of Waiting Guitars, lead and background vocals – Debra Devi Bass, background vocals – Max Feinstein Drums, congas – John Hummel Keys – Rob Clores
4) 10 Miles to Clarksdale Guitars, lead and background vocals – Debra Devi Bass - Dan Grennes Background vocals - Anthony Krizan Drums, tambourine – John Hummel Keys – Wayne Dorell
5) Stay Guitars, lead and background vocals – Debra Devi Bass - Kevin Hummel Drums, tambourine – John Hummel Keys – Peter Vitalone
6) Tired of Waiting (live) Guitars, lead and background vocals– Debra Devi Bass, background vocals – Max Feinstein Drums, tambourine – John Hummel Keys – Peter Vitalone
Recorded at Studio A by Tom Camuso (drums, lead vocals), IIWII by Billy Perez (guitars), Silver Horse Sound by John Roccesano (guitars, background vocals), and Sonic Boom Studios by Anthony Krizan (background vocals on "10 Miles to Clarksdale" and “Shake It”), except "Tired of Waiting (live)" recorded at Arlene's Grocery NYC
Mixed by Wayne Dorell at The Velvet Owl; except "Tired of Waiting (live)" mixed by John Roccesano at Silver Horse Sound
Mastered by Fred Kevorkian at Avatar Studios EP Design by Sam Lahoz
PRAISE FOR WILD LITTLE GIRL - Click title to read full review.
New York Music Daily - "Debra Devi is the rare rock guitarist who’s as much about purpose as pyrotechnics. It’s amazing how she uses as many notes as she does, yet she doesn’t overplay. She can fire off a blistering, wildly psychedelic solo with the best of them, but she also uses every shade and color in her pedalboard..."
The Jersey Journal (Jim Testa) - "Devi stands out among singer/songwriters as a true triple threat: a gifted songwriter, a powerful singer and an outstanding guitarist. Firmly grounded in blues/rock tradition, Wild Little Girl mixes wistfulness with forcefulness. Every track leaves room for organic, expansive guitar solos..."
American Blues Scene - "Devi dreamed of playing rock and roll guitar, but was told, “that’s what boys do.” After her first experience attending a live blues show, then a life-changing night watching Bonnie Raitt on stage, she’s been proving the nay-sayers wrong ever since. If there is any doubt, her latest EP release, Wild Little Girl, dispels it with prejudice..."
Good Times - "Debra Devi continues to gain national acclaim as one of the most remarkable guitarists on the East Coast. Tracks range from crunchy pop-rock (“Butterfly”) and Gov’t Mule-inspired jamming (“Tired Of Waiting”) to pulsing disco-rock (“Stay”), Black Crowes-style sass (“Shake It”) and Devi’s soulful Americana tune “10 Miles To Clarksdale.” Devi’s ’70s-influenced guitar playing is the thread that weaves throughout – whether she’s playing slide, rhythm, or lead..."
Urban Politico - "The music radiates infectious joy. It put me in mind of The Black Crowes, Prince, and Little Feat. Vocally Devi is a dead ringer for Sheryl Crow. I happen to like Crow's voice so for me this was a very good thing. Perhaps at some point in the future people will be saying that Crow's voice is a dead ringer for Devi's..."
Audio Fuzz - "Debra Devi is so wonderful. She combines the blues and country so perfectly, her voice is so plaintive and real, and her slide guitar playing is on the same level as Bonnie Raitt..."
Spirit Radio FM - Australia
Portland Radio Project KSFL 99.1
Radio 2XS - UK
WUDR - Dayton University